Are you ready for 2011? It is only a month away.
The reality is that you don’t have to do much to get ready for it. If you just wait, it will sneak up on you.
If you want to Get More from 2011 there are a couple of things you can do:
- Set aside a day for reflection. This will include both personal and business reflection
- Have a structure for the day. Something simple like, in the morning personal, the afternoon business. For both sessions look back on the year and acknowledge what you did well, then look forward at your plans and goals for the year
- Make sure you include in this day time to establish what annual leave or holidays you will have
- Create a high level action and reward plan for the year. You MUST celebrate your success.
To help with this, here are a couple of valuable resources:
- The Get More Grid – use this to create a standard weekly routine
- Regular Results Review – use this to help with your day of reflection
- The Get More Guide – This is my profile document. Use it if you are planning a motivational session for your team or looking for a mentor.
There is also a new book I have contributed to coming out soon to help you take massive action, but more about that later.