I am terrified of Beige. Not the colour, as the colour above is the colour of most of my internal walls at home. I fear the Beige Life.
Beige seems to be gaining a grip on us. Here are a few reasons why:
- The increasing number of people who seem to get offended on behalf of others
- Political correctness
- Politicians trying not to upset potential voters
- People not willing to take responsibility
- Lack of courage in being willing to express beliefs
- The decrease in skill on how to debate an argument
- People attacking people and not the subject of the discussion
- Close minded people who can’t see that just because they don’t agree, it can still a valid view point
- FOWOT (A term I learned recently from Amanda Gore – Fear Of What Others Think)
- Living a life of what other people think rather than what you want
I was reminded this week of the value of a colourful life, of staying true to your beliefs and values, of being open to new and different ideas, to calling out bullshit when you see it.
How are you adding colour to your life? How are you Banishing the Beige?