Have You Got Spirit?
There is a trend sneaking up on us. Business is getting spiritual. It is not just the fringe business either.
- ANZ Bank has been teaching Meditation as part of their Perform, Grow and Breakout sessions.
- World Vision frequently has prayers before meetings (granted it is a Christian Organisation but not all who work there are Christian).
- Aetna International (a large multinational insurance company) and HP also encourage staff to grow spiritually.
I am not saying put on a robe, shave your head and sit in the corner chanting. I would have you consider the following:
- Why do you do what you do? Money, provide for others, build a business and then what? What is next? What gives it meaning?
- What do you want from your life? What is your purpose? What keeps you getting out of bed day after day?
- How do you give to the world rather than receive from it?
My experience is that those that bring a sense of spirit to the workplace are focussed on what really counts to them and better prepared to ride the ups and downs of life.
So Have You Got Spirit?