The Wheeler Centre is Melbourne’s home for smart, passionate and entertaining public talks on every topic.
Coming out of some of their talks, they have placed “Discussion Markers” around the city of Melbourne.
Here is one I saw on Chapel St last week.
It got me thinking about our current political situation as well as considering good leadership in general.
As a leader (and you are a leader whether if be formal or informal) the concept of “walking a mile in their shoes” is one that continues to be powerful.
- What is truly going on for those around you and how do they feel about you
- Do you ask people on your team to do things you would not be willing to do yourself?
- Are you giving advantages to those you know or those you can benefit from?
- Are you fair to all you deal with?
- Do you have a solid understanding of the impact of your decisions and actions?
- Do you deliver on your promises?
- Do you actions match your words?
- Are you really a dickhead but no one has told you yet?
While these are fabulous questions for our politicians they are equally as valid for you as a leader.
So, do you wear their shoes?