Do you spend much time working on yourself?
There are many people in this world who think they are pretty magnificent. All you need to do is ask them and they will tell you how good they are!
I love the concepts of “If you don’t grow, you go” and “once you are ripe, you rot“.
Simple statements that position how important it is to continually work on yourself.
Now before you thank, “I don’t have time”, “I’m too busy” or “what the? Something ELSE to do?” you need to understand that working on yourself doesn’t have to be a formal education process or something ADDITIONAL you need to do.
Here are some simple ideas that have a positive impact on you and can help you grow:
- Read a book (it doesn’t have to be a business book, novels add new ideas and perspectives too)
- Attend an industry convention
- Join a mastermind group
- Attend a networking function
- Listen to a podcast (Naturally I recommend the Get More Success Show)
- Spend time with friend talking about challenges you all face
- Write a gratitude journal
- Join your Professional Association
- Sing in a choir
- Join a charitable organisation
- Create something
- Ask someone else what they would do in your position and truly listen to their answer
- Watch a foreign film (some classics you can start with include Amelie, Cinema Paradiso, Babette’s Feast and Mon Oncle)
- Play with some kids and some Lego or building blocks to see what they create
- Attend a trade show
- Have a hobby
The trap of thinking we know enough is that the world keeps moving on and we can get stuck in our own way of thinking.
So what are you working on?